Thursday, May 27, 2010

Welcome to the Youth Group

This post is a little bittersweet. This past Sunday, Parker and all the other 6th graders were welcomed into the youth group at our church. The Minor's hosted the shin-dig at their home and there were kids through 12th grade there to welcome them. It was really a surreal feeling for me watching him grow into this new role of his life. I'm really excited for him because I know how much fun this time is but I also don't want him to miss anything or let it go by without 'stopping to smell the roses'.

I decided this morning to make a committment to myself over the summer to be more fervent in my prayers for my children. I feel like I've done them a huge injustice by not being as prayerful as I should be. I pray God's grace will cover my inadequacies in this. I have three amazing, beautiful and healthy children and above all else I pray they are filled with God's love everyday of their lives.

Here are the pics of the Welcome...ENJOY!
The 6th graders coming in...

The kids with Brian, our Youth Minister

Tyler & Parker

Jake & Parker

Liv & Ashton...too sweet!!

Not even sure what to say about this...I just like it!

0 Shout Outs: