Thursday, May 6, 2010

Weight Watchers

So last night I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting! I'm really excited and anxious! The best part is I know I have a lot of support! The main thing for me, well actually there's a couple of things, is that I need to be patient and to stay away from the sweets! They said at the meeting that I should take a beginning picture and take a picture every 10 lbs lost!! I'm not too excited about that first pic...ugh!! You need to check out my girlfriends blog, Becky. She does a great job of tracking her weight loss and she's a HUGE support for me. Anyway, I'm a little nervous about posting this but I know it will help hold me accountable. Let me know if you've got any good tips or food ideas!! I'm struggling with ideas for breakfast!! I'll try to keep you posted with my progress!!

Becky sent me this devotional from Devotions for Dieters...

James 1:3
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

When you get really serious about losing weight, you have no alternative but to develop patience. There are no safe, quick ways to lose a lot of weight. It takes time. The body takes a long time to build up, and it takes a long time to wear down. However, the person who sticks with her diet will be amazed to find that the longer it's adhered to, the easier it gets. A time comes when the diet is no big deal. In many cases, people find they prefer their diet to their former way of eating. Patience is an elusive trait, but once it is attained, it is its own reward.

Today's thought: Patience would be a lot easier if it didn't take so long to get.

2 Shout Outs:

Becky said...

Thanks for the shout out! I love you with all my heart and cannot wait to hold your hand along this journey. You have been a great support for me and it's my turn to support you.
For breakfast, I usually cook a turkey sausage link in the microwave (it's the pre-cooked kind). Then I cut it down the middle and melt a slice of 2% american cheese on it. That's my breakfast and it is really yummy!! You oughta try it!!!

Dancin' in the Rain! said...

YAY!!! You will do GREAT!! I love you and I know you can DO THIS!! WOO HOO!!!! :-)