Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Weekend Re-Cap

So what did we do Memorial weekend?!?! We FINALLY got to celebrate mine and Tina's birthdays...mine was April 20th and Tina's was May 18th. The hubby's took us to the Cheesecake Factory for a night without the kids. It was nice to be able to enjoy adult company with no kids! Thanks honey!!

Saturday morning was Stamp Club which is always a good time. The new catalogs will be out in July and I can't wait. One year we even had a watch party for the UPS man. Corny, I know...but it was fun! My mom goes to SC with me and I enjoy spending that time with her. Saturday evening the fam relaxed at home and rented Taken. That was a great movie. We give it 10 thumbs up!! Hehe!!

Sunday afternoon we had a softball game with some church friends. We had a great time. It wasn't just the adults but the little kids got to play as well. Olivia got up there and hit the ball and that girl can play!! She sure showed me up...it was humiliating. Let's just say we played where you kept swinging until you got a hit. I NEVER hit the ball. It was awful. I love spending time with my church family irregardless of my athletic ability. Check out the slideshow of pics below.

Monday my mom and the kids and I went to visit my Nana. She was diagnosed with lung cancer earlier this year and wasn't feeling well. For as long as I can remember we've had a Memorial Day cookout at their house and since she wasn't feeling well they had to cancel it. Phil and I ended up hosting a cookout with our parents and my brother and sister and her family. We had a nice time...nothing stressful. That's just the way I like it. But it was a little sad not having our usual cookout at Nana and Granddads!

Here is the softball game slideshow!!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: OakcrestCoC Softball 09
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 Shout Outs:

Becky said...

The softball pics are adorable. Wish we could've made it, but after my 3 hour nap, we had already missed it!