Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Birthday Breakdown

The older you get the less important you seem to feel your birthdays are but this year ended up being a nice birthday. If it were up to me I'd have a birthday "week", that's how I tend to celebrate others birthdays ;). I received calls, emails, texts, and even blog posts from family and friends wishing me Happy Birthday, that was fun. Nancy, my m-i-l, called to take me to lunch; just minutes after I hung up with her Phil called to see if he could take me to lunch--two-for-one, that doesn't happen very often. We went downtown to eat at La Luna...yummy! It's been years since I've been there and it did not disappoint. Later that evening Phil decided (notice that Phil decided--that was the best part) to take me and the kids to Red Lobster for dinner...another yummy! Needless to say I don't think I can eat the rest of the week. While we were there Elvis sang Happy Birthday to me. If you have never experienced a serenade from Elvis at Red Lobster you are missing out; it's worth eating there just for that. After we got home my parents came over with strawberry shortcake...should I say it...yummy!! Someone sent me a VERY SPECIAL message and I am so proud of it I want all of you to see it...check out my s-i-l's blog The Princess and Her Peons and see my gift. I LOVE IT...or should I say HER!!

Thank you again to all my family and friends!! Love you!!

1 Shout Outs:

Catherine T said...

Wow! That makes me feel even worse for not calling. Glad Amelia brightened your day!