For most of you that know me you know that I am a scrapbooker. I enjoy a night out with my girlfriends, chatting away, glittering, adhering, and matching colors to pictures of my family for them to enjoy for years to come. Okay, okay so that's the Snow White version. I do enjoy the satisfaction and occasional praise I get from scrapbooking but a night out with my girlfriends with no kids is FABULOUS. We try to get together at least once a month and the girls that end up going always varies...which makes it interesting. One of these days I'll take some pics of all of us scrapbooking.
The store we really like to crop at is called Whole Lotta Scrap in Norman. They send out a news letter and I loved a piece from it so I wanted to include it on my blog. We are always teasing each other about these things so I found it especially funny!!
You Know You're Addicted to Scrapbooking When...
1. You reach into your purse and your family scatters--they think you're grabbing for your camera!
2. You see something metal lying in a parking lot and go back to pick it up. It turns out to be some kind of pop top from soda can, so you stick it in your pocket, you think, "Yeah, I can run a ribbon through that."
3. You dream in layouts.
4. You know what a Crop-a-dile is.
5. You give your children PJs as a "special" Christmas Eve gift so they will look extra cute for pictures in the morning.
6. You plan your vacations around your favorite background colors.
7. You discover an awesome printed paper and actually dress your children up for pictures in clothes to match the paper.
8. You have ever forgotten to pay the bills because you were so focused on finishing a project.
And my personal favorite...
9. Your husband runs into the kitchen yelling, "I need water...my truck's on fire!" And your first response is, "WAIT! I'll get the camera!"
I must say I am guilty of more of these than I care to admit. I've come to the realization that I will probably NEVER be caught up with the kids albums. But I've also learned that for myself, if I try to keep up with all of it it takes all the joy out of it for me. So, for all you fellow scrapbookers, don't be so serious about your hobby. It truly is a gift from GOD...enjoy it!!
Summer Dress Season is HERE
6 hours ago