Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Super Sleuth

If any of you are friends with me on Facebook (see left column) then you know I've been on a mission over the last 2-3 days for Coconut M&M's. Here's how this all started...

Earlier this week I was at my favorite grocery store, GFF (12th St & Santa Fe in Moore - plug for Charlie ;)) and noticed by the registers a white M&M display box. Ok, I need to back up one sec...I worked at a candy store for 3 years after high school so I am always intrigued my any new candy. Now back to GFF, I excitedly walked over to the display anticipating what this would be. I looked in and only saw the same'ole plain and peanut M&M's. I looked at the display and it said Coconut M&M's...I LOVE coconut anything. I immediately texted Charlie, owner of GFF, to ask him what's up. He shares in my love for coconut and I was a little surprised he hadn't already let me know about them. His response, which I found humorous, was, "Where'd ya see that at?" Hehe!!! I told him to let me know if he got anymore in. As you can imagine this became my new mission...TO FIND THE COCONUT M&M'S.

I thought, Hey, I'll post on FB and maybe someone will give me heads up on where I can get some. My post has turned out to be pretty funny!! When Phil got home that evening I told him what I posted and he gave me the "are-you-kidding" thing and then I proceeded to tell him I had over 20 comments. Granted some were me responding to comments from other people. Let me tell you all the places I've looked myself - and drug a few friends along too - GFF, Target, several Walgreens, CVS, Dollar Tree, two Walmarts, and a Gas Station--I think that's it, but that's a lot for a stinkin' bag of M&M's.

Okay, so today is Wednesday and still NO M&Ms...HELLO!! This is craziness. My sister tells me she has a partially eaten bag for me but that hasn't surfaced yet!!! We'll see!! Ha!!

For all you guys that have doubted their even existence here's proof...


I promise I'll letcha know when I find'em!! And I can't wait!!! Yum!! Yum!!

3 Shout Outs:

Nicole said...

i don't like coconut, but I want to know what they taste like! WEIRD!

Jeana said...

You are hilarious! I'll be on the lookout, the bag sure is CUTE too...

Becky said...

First of all...I LOVE COCONUT, too! So, if you find some..grab some extra bags for me. Second...I don't like that you are now doing facebook. It took me long enough to talk OPH into a blog...let alone facebook. Don't leave me behind just because I am stuck here. LOL