Friday, March 19, 2010

My 'Irish' Dinner

I made my first 'Irish' dinner this year for St. Patrick's day. I'm not even sure there was anything Irish about it but it was fun and really yummy!! I made Mini Shepherd's Pies and green leaf lettuce with green cupcakes for dessert.

I actually adapted the Shephard's Pie recipe from several recipes I found. I've never made Shepherds Pie and never thought I would. Here's the recipe...
2 cans refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1 lb ground beef, browned
1 pkg frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn & green beans) I took out the green beans
1 pkg brown gravy mix (beef flavor), prepared
chopped onions
salt and pepper
2 med potatoes, boiled
2 tablespoons butter
3 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup milk

Brown the hamburger meat and add onions. Mix brown gravy according to directions. Cook frozen vegetables according to directions but for only half the time. Combine beef, vegetables, gravy and salt & pepper. For the potatoes, combine potatoes, butter, cream cheese, milk and salt & pepper; mash together. Put the dinner rolls in the bottom of a muffin pan pressing down to make flat. Add the hamburger mixture followed by the potatoes. Cook at 350 degrees for about 25 min, or until rolls are browned.

This was really simple to make and my kiddos seemed to even like it!!
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!


Sorry my pictures are bad quality!! :(

3 Shout Outs:

Becky said...

That is so much fun!

Nicole said...

I love Shepards pie!

Rose said...

wooo im italian but i love so much irish food!