Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lateral Epicondylitis


Lateral Epicondylitis is the medical term for "tennis elbow". I went to the doctor this morning after about of month of pain in my elbow and this is what I was diagnosed with. Now I have to wear a geeky wrist brace for a month and I have to be careful lifting things with my right arm. If I could only get a massage...

Here is what webmd.com says about tennis elbow:
Tennis elbow is caused by either abrupt or subtle injury of the muscle and tendon area around the outside of the elbow. Tennis elbow specifically involves the area where the muscles and tendons of the forearm attach to the outside bony area (called the lateral epicondyle) of the elbow. Overuse injury can also affect the back or posterior part of the elbow as well.

The pain has started to run down my arm and up my shoulder! :( The doc said if the wrist band and ibuprofen for a month doesn't help we'll move on to a different treatment, shots! I have no idea what I did that caused this but it's annoying! Sheesh!!

1 Shout Outs:

Becky said...

My mom said she had to do shots too. Hopefully you won't have to. Did he give you a brace for the upper part of your forearm? Just below the elbow? Or just a wrist brace?