Thursday, August 13, 2009

Another First Day of School

Phil and I walked the kids to yet another first day of school. It's always a bittersweet day for us, sad that summer is over and that our 'babies' have moved up another year on the education ladder, Olivia 1st grade, Easton 2nd grade and Parker 6th grade, but at the same time relieved to have them 'entertained' for the entire day.
We started our first day in our traditional way, breakfast at Ihop. The kids really look forward to this and I love that we have started this tradition. Phil wanted to eat somewhere different but the kids wanted to stick with good'ole Ihop, and it did not disappoint. We had a few minutes before school started so we came home and relaxed (I could've fallen asleep) and the kids let me take a few pics. Then it was off to school.
Enjoying our breakfast!

The kids walking to school.

Olivia with Mrs. Dorran.

Easton & Mrs. Glasgow.

Parker! Yep, I had to sneak this pic!!

3 Shout Outs:

Nicole said...

They are all so cute, I hope they have a good first day back to school!

Becky said...

I love the picture you snuck of Parker!!! AWESOME!

Newberry said...

Love the first day of school pics (especially the one of Parker), and the tradition of going to breakfast as a family. Such great memories! Also, thanks for making Cat read the Twilight books. She now has me hooked, and I'm on the last one :)