Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fools Day!!

How ironic is it that today is not only 'All Fools Day' but also my brother, Jace's birthday AND my s-i-l, Catherine's?!? Just kidding guys!! Haha!! I love you both and hope you have a GREAT birthday!!

How did April Fools come about you ask??? Well, that's a good question. I checked out www.april-fools.us and here is what they said...
The history of April Fool's Day or All Fool's Day is uncertain, but the current thinking is that it began around 1582 in France with the reform of the calendar under Charles IX. The Gregorian Calendar was introduced, and New Year's Day was moved from March 25 - April 1 (new year's week) to January 1.
You can click on the above link for more information on the holiday!

I've never been very good with dishing out pranks but I sure do like to see them played out or stories about them, and being married to Phil I've heard a lot of good ones. The best April Fools prank I was ever involved in was safety pinning my dad's underwear together and folding them up neatly in his drawer. When he went to pull one out he got all of them. I know...pretty lame, but as a 8 or 9 yr old I thought that was pretty funny, and harmless!!

Well, I hope you all have a very 'funny' day...and try to prank someone in the honor of the day!!

0 Shout Outs: