Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fall Family Retreat 2008

Every year our church has a Fall Family Retreat. We've been many times but missed the past two years so I was exicted we were able to go this year. We had a good time and the weather was BEEEE-U-TIFUL!!! We went to Robbers Cave State Park in southeastern Oklahoma. We went down Friday evening without incident, which is a miracle in itself when you travel with a group...especially ours! It's like a weekend of church camp. We stay in cabins that sleep about 16 people on bunk beds with things they were calling mattresses. I think having a little "girly" girl has taken some of the adventurousness out of me...things that sicked me out this weekend didn't seem to bother me before. You should have heard me and Olivia in the shower. Pretty good stuff! Hehe!! I'll try to sum up a few of the funnier stories from the weekend:
Easton threw a rock that skipped off Parker's chest then hit him in the chin, Easton fell off the top bunk in the middle of the night, Phil was tackled and put in the scissors by a high-schooler in the annual teenager vs. adult football game...btw the adults are undefeated, I got a migraine on Saturday that led to throwing up...nice!! If I think of anything else I'll add it later. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pics and hug your kids today!! :):)

Parker with his friends Jake and Zack.


Parker in the door of our cabin.


Phil and Jason


Easton and Olivia at the top of Robbers Cave


We had a pumpkin decorating contest and our family came up with the idea of a mummy-pumpkin...I thought it was very creative...but we didn't win!!


Some of the "contestants" of the American Idol skits.


Elmo Robinson


Brian and Shannon Plumb (My personal idols..hehe!!!)


Sarah, Tina, Kelly & Misty


The Thompsons


The Stouts and 1 Woods

2 Shout Outs:

prbert66 said...

How AWESOME!!! I am so sorry I missed this. Next year we're going..PERIOD. I love the pics and I especially LOVE the Thompson Family Picture. You should use it for your Christmas card.

Love ya KT!!!

Becky said...

The pictures are beautiful. I'm sad that we missed going this year...it is a family highlight for us each year. Tony will certainly have to take off for it next year. I agree with Pam, you should use the family pic for your Christmas card.