Thursday, June 9, 2011

I ~heart~ Texas Rangers

I grew up on the Texas Rangers.  They were my first MLB game to attend and I had so much fun!  Since I've dated Phil my choice of team has swayed some but I'm still a Ranger at heart. 

The recent story about the Rangers just makes me even more of a loyal fan! 

Last March, Georgia Bulldog teammates Johnathan Taylor and Zach Cone were in a serious on-field collision during a game.  Zach made it out without any injuries but Johnathan was paralayzed from the waist down...never to play baseball again.  Monday Cone was selected by the Rangers with the 37th overall pick.  Then on Wednesday they used their 33rd-round selection in MLB's amateur draft to select Bulldogs junior outfielder Johnathan Taylor. 

Statement made the the Rangers organization:
"We thought selecting Johnathan was the right thing to do," Rangers director of amateur scouting Kip Fagg said. "We would have drafted him either way, regardless of any other circumstances involving his injury or Zach's draft status. Our area scout in Georgia, Ryan Coe, has had a relationship with Johnathan since he was a high school player. The club has always liked his passion and ability as a player."



Now THIS is a news-worthy story!! 

Click HERE to read more about it!! 

0 Shout Outs: